Information and Awareness Sessions
Scheduled Program for 2018
Copyright Amendments Information Sessions
In 2017, amendments were made to the Copyright Act. The amendments covered four key areas:
- Part VA and Part VB statutory licences (which we rely on to use text, images and broadcasts for educational purposes),
- provisions relating to preservation and administration of library collections (including archives),
- disability access, and
- duration of copyright in unpublished and orphaned works.
Register for one of the information sessions below to learn more about these changes and how they can affect the way we work here at the University.
- Register for the session on Monday 9th of April, 2:00-3:00pm, Dulcie Hollyock Room, Ground Floor Baillieu Library.
- Register for the session on Thursday 12th of April, 3:00-4:00pm. This session will be delivered online via Zoom. Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://unimelb.zoom.us/j/279236907
- Register for the session on Wednesday 18th of April, 11:00-12:00pm, Dulcie Hollyock Room, Ground Floor Baillieu Library.
Book A Tailored Session
If your school, department or faculty would like a copyright information session tailored to your staff’s needs, the Copyright Office would be happy to provide this. Staff from the Copyright Office can also present tailored information sessions as part of larger training days, or can come and speak to staff in general meetings.
Contact the Copyright Office to organise a session.