Copyright & Research
Academic staff own copyright in any scholarly work that they create and students own copyright in all work that they create. See Copyright Ownership at the University of Melbourne.
Staff and students rely on the Fair Dealing provisions for Research & Study to use copyright material created by other people for research or study.
- What is Copyright?
- Rights of Copyright Owners
- Protecting Your Work
- Using Copyright Material - There are provisions in the Copyright Act that allow you to use copyright material for research and study purposes. These provisions also allow other people to use your work for certain purposes.
Publishing Your Work
- Publishing Your Work
- Understanding Publishing Agreements
- Requesting Permission to Use Copyright Material
- Moral Rights and Citing Material