Copyright Notices, Signs, Forms
Copyright Notices for Teaching Material
- Notice for copyright material on the LMS or online for teaching purposes
- How to insert a Copyright Warning Notice
- Copyright Notice for Course Packs
- Marking and Notice Requirements for the Music Licence
- Agreements for using Student Works as Exemplars - please contact the Copyright Office to obtain a copy
- Copyright Notices when assisting people with disabilities
- Copyright Notices for Libraries and Archives
Notices for Display on printers, photocopiers, computers and other equipment that can reproduce material
Under the Copyright Act 1968, prescribed copyright notices are required to be on or near all University equipment that can be used for copying or communicating copyright material in any format. These notices provide some protection for the University in the event of staff or student infringements. Faculties, Departments and Libraries are asked to ensure that the appropriate notices are clearly visible.
Equipment able to create print reproductions:
The print reproductions notice of the Copyright Act (Word Doc 18KB) is to be displayed on or near any University photocopiers, scanners, PCs and any other equipment that has print copying facilities. This includes the ability to create electronic reproductions (digitisation).
Equipment able to create audio-visual reproductions:
The audio-visual reproduction notice of the Copyright Act (Word Doc 18KB) is to be displayed on or near any University equipment that has the ability to reproduce audio-visual material. This includes videocassette recorders (VCRs), cassette players or personal computers (PCs). This includes the ability to create electronic reproductions (digitisation).
Where university equipment has the ability to copy both print and audiovisual material, such as PCs able to download images, text films and recorded music, it is necessary to display the following notice (Word Doc 18KB) on or near each workstation. It is not necessary to have a notice per machine as long as the notices are visible from each machine.
Notice must be at least 297 millimetres long and 210 millimetres wide ie. A4
Photographing, Recording or Filming People and Events
Legal Services are hosting the latest versions of key forms and guidelines to ensure you are not breaching privacy or intellectual property rights while photographing, filming or recording on behalf of the University. This include forms previously made available on this page, such as the:
- Audio/Video/Photograph Release and IP Licence (formerly the Audio Visual Consent Deed); and
- Audio/Video/Photograph Release Form.
Signage for Events
- Signage for Filming and Photography at Events (Word Doc 636 kB)
- Signage for Filming, Recording and Photography at Events (Word Doc 636 kB)
- Legal Services Standard Agreements